St Winefride’s Catholic Primary School
A Voluntary Academy
St Paul’s Avenue, Wibsey, Bradford, BD6 1SR
Tel: 01274 677705
Executive Headteacher: Mr Ben Lavin
Head of School: Mrs Louise Walsh
Head of School
Required from September 2024
Age Range: 4 –11
Pay Scale: L12 – L18 £61,882 - £71,728
The Blessed Christopher Wharton Catholic Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an ambitious, experienced, and highly enthusiastic Head of School for St Winifrede's Catholic primary School for September 2024. The successful candidate will be someone with visionary leadership skills to engage all stakeholders and take a lead role in the day-to-day oversight of the leadership and management of the school. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and caring leader, who can ensure that learning remains enjoyable and enriching for all but fully underpinned by our Catholic faith. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong leader to undertake a pivotal strategic role in the leadership and development of a fantastic school and the work of the Blessed Christopher Wharton Academy Trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Have a proven track record of raising standards of teaching and learning, leading to improved achievement and attainment.
- Be effective in developing strong relationships with staff, parents, academy councillors and the local community.
- A proven track record of effective leadership and management of people and a commitment to working in partnership with staff, parents, academy councillors and other schools and the local community.
- A clear vision which focuses on raising achievements and standards through a wide variety of teaching and learning experiences.
- A desire to maintain and enhance the existing strengths of the school, bringing inspirational drive and ambition for continual improvement that is demonstrated through improved outcomes for children.
- An ability to be forward-thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape.
- A passion to ensure that all children reach their potential and provide all children with a happy, secure, and stimulating environment in which they can learn and flourish.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a difference and drive ‘Winnies’ forward to be outstanding.
- A dynamic Catholic ethos which is integral to the life of the school.
- Dedicated, hardworking and skilled staff.
- Happy, responsive children who are motivated to learn.
- Continuing professional development.
- The support of a fully committed Local Academy Council and Trust Board.
- An established partnership with the parents, Church and wider community.
The school provides extensive professional development opportunities through the Bishop Christopher Wharton Catholic Academy Trust, the Diocese of Leeds and regional Teaching School hubs.
Through our carefully planned provision for staff wellbeing, we demonstrate a genuine commitment to listening to the views of all. In partnership with the Trust and the Diocese, you will be fully supported in your own spiritual and professional development.
Visits are encouraged and we would love to welcome you to the school for a visit so we can show you how wonderful and unique our school is – not just through our Information Pack.
To arrange a visit, please contact Angela Yates in the school office on 01274 677705 or email the school via firstname.lastname@example.org
To request an application pack please email email@example.com
If you have any questions relating to this role, please contact ben.lavin@BCWCAT.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 15th March at 1.00pm
Shortlisting date: Friday 15th March
Interview date: Friday 22nd March
St Winefrides Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.