Diocese of Brentwood
St Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Dorset Avenue, Romford, Essex RM1 4JA
Tel: 01708 745506
Headteacher: Mrs Jenny Waterfield
Required for April/September 2024
Salary range: L11-15
St Peter’s is a highly regarded and oversubscribed Catholic Primary school within the outskirts of Romford town centre. It serves a rich and diverse community. The Governors invite applications from excellent Catholic practitioners who have the drive, ambition and creativity to ensure our Vision is made a reality each and every day for our pupils.
Our Deputy Headteacher will:
- Be a practicing Catholic who can articulate a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education.
- Be a champion of inclusion, diversity, equality and well-being for all our pupils, staff and the community we serve.
- Be an outstanding teacher who leads by exemplary practice and can motive, challenge and inspire others to excel.
- Be passionate about sustained school improvement and progress.
- Have a proven track record of raising standards in all areas of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills as they work in partnership with parents, the Parish, Diocese, Local Authority and wider community.
We can offer our Deputy Headteacher:
- A welcoming, Christ centred community with a strong Catholic ethos.
- Well-behaved, respectful and enthusiastic children who thrive in our positive environment.
- Work colleagues who are hardworking, supportive of one another and committed to ensuring that every child’s well-being and safety is a priority.
- Engaging parents who support the school and their pupils’ learning.
- Strategic governors who are committed to school self- evaluation.
- An active, thriving PA.
- An attractive working environment and a well-maintained premises that enjoys the benefits of extended facilities.
- A dedicated non class-based position
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school by arrangement with the school office. Application Packs are available on the school website or by calling the school office on 01708 745506 or emailing email@example.com.
St Peter’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be requested, and the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure + Barring Service Check.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 26 February 2024
Shortlisting: Thursday 7 March 2024
Interviews: Tuesday 19 March 2024
Please note that this is a reserved post and is open to practising Catholics only. We do not accept CVs or applications from agencies. Applicants must only use the correct CES application form. Priest references will be requested prior to shortlisting and are a requirement for this process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted