Diocese of Brentwood
St Thomas More Catholic Primary School
South Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 3DW
Tel: 01799 523 248
Required for September 2024
Group 2 L15-L21
The Governors of St Thomas More Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Head Teacher from 1st September 2024. St Thomas More Catholic Primary School is a caring, friendly school and community where our Catholic Ethos is central to all that we do. Our new Head Teacher will work with governors to shape the strategic direction of the school, and will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the school. Our new Head Teacher will lead a team that strive together in the best interest of all of our children, following the school’s mission statement:
We are a Catholic School and all our teaching reflects our Christian faith.
We recognise the needs and value the contribution of each member of our school community.
We encourage children to grow spiritually, socially and academically and to show respect for each other and the world in which we live.
We seek to provide a high standard of education within a caring, family environment.
We aim to develop good habits of work within a disciplined atmosphere.
We welcome the active involvement of parents, Governors and friends in the daily life of the school.
Applications are invited from Head Teachers or Deputy Head Teachers with outstanding leadership experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality, and take the lead role in providing inspirational Catholic education based on our shared Gospel values.
- Be passionate in promoting a clear child-centred vision.
- Be inclusive, aspirational and ambitious for all our children and our staff.
Governors are seeking someone who:
- Will champion a wide curriculum that our teachers will be excited to teach and will inspire our children to learn.
- Will build upon a strong foundation of academic achievements.
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of providing inspirational, strategic and professional leadership.
- Has a secure understanding of all matters relating to safeguarding.
- Will be a team leader with experience of coaching and mentoring.
- Will work hard to ensure that every child is supported and challenged to maximise their potential.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Children who are committed, enthusiastic and fully engaged in their learning.
- Professional and dedicated staff, supportive parents, and active Governors.
- An enthusiastic and aspirational Senior Leadership Team.
- Excellent opportunities for further professional development.
- Long standing relationships with partnership groups and outside agencies
- Ofsted: 19th September 2023 GOOD
- Catholic School Inspection: 12th December 2018 OUTSTANDING
We warmly welcome and encourage applicants to visit our school, find out more about the role and experience our friendly school in action. Please contact our school office to arrange a tour (firstname.lastname@example.org 01799 523248). Further information and an application pack are available from the school Business Manager
Anna Davies email@example.com and completed applications should be sent to this address.
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2024
Shortlisting: Monday 4th March 2024
Interviews: Wednesday 27th March 2024
Please note we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
St Thomas More Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. Applications should be on a CES application form and sent to the school (applications NOT submitted on the CES application form will not be considered). Any electronic applications will have to be signed by the applicant before attending an interview.
This is a reserved post and is open to practising Catholics only, please review the document produced by the Diocese of Brentwood “Definition of a practising Catholic for a reserved posts” for further information