Diocese of Shrewsbury in partnership with Shropshire Council
OUR LADY & ST. OSWALD'S
CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Upper Brook Street, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 2TG
Tel. 01691 652849
‘Through Christ we Inspire and Flourish’
ISR L2 – L6
Required from September 2024
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant catholic school situated in the picturesque market town of Oswestry on the English/Welsh border.
The School Community are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy who can support the Headteacher in leading the school to the next stage on its exciting journey. Governors invite applications from practising Catholic teachers.
At Our Lady & St. Oswald’s Catholic Primary School we strive to ensure the very best outcomes for every learner, so that they are all able to achieve their full potential as citizens for the future.
“This ‘small school with a big heart’ is valued by pupils and parents. Leaders have high regard for pupils’ personal development. They make sure that pupils feel listened to and valued. Pupils enjoy attending. Pupils play and learn well together.” One parent described it as, ‘a family-oriented school, never fails to show love, care and commitment to the children in their care.’ This summed up the view of many. Ofsted July 2022
“Pupils talk about their school with pride, using words such as respect, sharing, helping, happy, healthy, welcoming. They say that their teachers are amazing and that everyone works hard to make the school better.” Section 48 report June 2017
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
- has a clear vision and understanding of Catholic education and a commitment to promote the Catholic ethos throughout the whole school community
- is an outstanding class teacher, passionate in developing high expectations and striving for excellence
- has effective communication and interpersonal skills
- has the ability to inspire, motivate and lead staff and children to achieve the highest standards
- has taken a strategic lead role in curriculum development and assessment
- is creative, forward thinking and resilient
We can offer:
- an exceptionally welcoming ethos and an outstanding sense of community through our close partnerships with families, the parish and other community groups
- enthusiastic, caring children, who have a positive attitude towards learning and life
- a staff team committed to securing the best outcomes for all pupils
- a clear commitment to continuing professional development for you
- a fantastic team of staff and governors that are friendly and committed
We warmly welcome visits to our school. Appointments will be made on an individual basis.
Please contact Mrs H Birch School Administrator on 01691 652849 to arrange a visit.
We would love you to come and have a look around and see if your next career move is to join the community at Our Lady & St. Oswald’s.
The closing date for completed applications is noon on Thursday 22nd February 2024 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held Tuesday 5th March 2024
Shropshire Local Authority and Diocese of Shrewsbury are committed to equal opportunities in employment. Application must be made on a CES application form which is available from the school office and the Catholic Education Service website: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk. Further details can be obtained from: The school admin team, Telephone 01691 652 849 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the School website vacancy link.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check is required for the successful applicant. References will be requested prior to interview
Application Forms must be returned by either: Post or by hand and addressed to: The Chair of Governors, Our Lady & St. Oswald’s Catholic Primary School, Upper Brook Street, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 2TG Or by email to for the attention of Chair of Governors, email@example.com