Diocese of Brentwood
ST. URSULA’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Straight Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 7JS
Tel: 01708 345200
Headteacher: Mr K Ashburn
With God at the heart of our St Ursula’s family, we welcome all as we learn and grow together
DEPUTY HEADTEACHER REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2024
Start Date: 2nd September 2024 or Sooner if possible
Salary: DH L8 – L12
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Applications Close: Thursday 18th April 2024
Shortlisting: Thursday 25th April 2024
Interviews: Tuesday 30th April 2024
The Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join a committed and enthusiastic team. Our priority is to find an outstanding classroom practitioner who is a determined and ambitious leader, with the vision and skills to work alongside the Headteacher to continue improving standards and learning and teaching for all children.
Ofsted July 2023
“Mental health and well-being have a high status. Adults provide exceptional support to pupils in managing their emotions and feelings. Behaviour in classrooms and around the school is exemplary. This is because all staff have consistently high expectations.”
We are looking for someone who is:
- A practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education
- Secure in their understanding of all matters relating to safeguarding.
- Able to lead and develop improvement across the curriculum.
- An outstanding classroom teacher.
- Passionate about children’s learning and has a proven track record of raising attainment and developing the whole child.
- An excellent communicator with good management skills who can develop and work with existing staff.
- Hard working, well organised and highly motivated.
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to join a leadership team in an amazing school with enthusiastic, positive and well-behaved children, and a strong Catholic ethos.
- Supportive Headteacher and governors who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals.
- An enthusiastic and aspirational Senior Leadership Team.
- Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on high standards.
- Supportive parents and parish community.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
Prospective candidates are most warmly encouraged to visit the school.
For more information, an Application Pack or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office by calling
01708 345200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full details of the post and application form are also available on our website www.stursulascatholicprimary.co.uk
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
This is a reserved post and is open to practising Catholics only, please review the document produced by the Diocese of Brentwood ‘’Definition of a Practising Catholic for Reserved Posts” for further information. Applicants must only use the correct CES application form. Priest references will be requested prior to shortlisting and are a requirement for this process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
St Ursula’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be requested, and the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure + Barring Service Check.