St. Philip’s Catholic Primary School
Half Moon Lane, Offerton, Stockport, SK2 5LB
Telephone: 0161 483 0977
‘Christ at the Centre’
Required for September 2024,
Group 2 School,
The governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated person to lead our school community. We are looking for someone to share our vision in continuing to build upon the achievements of this happy and successful Catholic school. With the support of an excellent and dedicated staff and hardworking and motivated pupils, this represents a wonderful opportunity and challenge for an inspirational leader seeking to drive a school forward from “good” to “outstanding”.
St Philip’s is a popular and vibrant Catholic Primary School which was rated “Outstanding” in the Section 48 Inspection of 2018.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- is a committed, practicing Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic Education
- values all pupils as individuals and ensures that all pupils are confident and able to achieve their full potential
- can nurture, inspire, challenge and motivate pupils and staff alike
- is an excellent communicator who is able to work closely in partnership with parents, the Parish, the Diocese and the wider community.
In return we can offer you:
- a warm and welcoming school community with supportive parents
- motivated pupils who demonstrate positive attitudes towards learning and behavior
- dedicated, talented and hardworking staff who are fully committed to further developing the life of the school
- an effective and active governing body
Visits to the school prior to application are welcome. Please contact Mrs Heaney, School Business Manager, on 0161 483 0977 to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Monday, 4th March 2024 at midday
Shortlisting: Monday, 4th March
Interviews: Thursday, 14th March 2024
Applications must be completed on the application form provided, word document only, and submitted electronically to Julie.English@dioceseofshrewsbury.org
St Philip’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a Disqualification Declaration. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-clearance including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.