Diocese of Wrexham in partnership with Gwynedd Education Services
OUR LADY’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Caernarfon Road, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2UT
Tel: 01248 352463
Headteacher: Mrs Aimee Jones
“Growing and Learning Together with Jesus as our Light.”
Required for September 2024
Salary: L2-L6 (Starting point dependent on experience)
The Governors welcome applications for the post of Deputy Headteacher, following the promotion of Aimee Jones to Headteacher. This is an exceptional opportunity to help to lead a much-loved Catholic primary school, set in the diverse university city of Bangor, which aspires to continue its journey from good to excellent. We are anticipating an exciting, bespoke new school building.
We are looking for a leader who will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a sound understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills, vision and passion to respond positively to current and emerging changes in primary education.
- Be an exemplary teacher, sharing excellence and expertise in the development of our staff.
- Be a natural communicator, able to build on our well-developed partnerships with our children, staff, governors, parents, parishes and the wider community.
- Be committed to the development of the Welsh language and culture in our school.
In return we can offer:
- A warm, welcoming and inclusive school, with pupils who are well behaved, confident and who have an excellent attitude to learning.
- Dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic staff and governors, who are committed to ensuring each child achieves their individual potential.
- Opportunities for professional development
- A strong partnership with our parents, parishes and the wider community.
For further information regarding the post please contact the school. Visits to the school are welcomed by arrangement with the Headteacher.
Our Lady’s school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful candidate will be subject to a disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service and qualifications and references will be verified.
Catholic Education Service application forms are available directly from the school. Applications are to be returned to the Chair of Governors c/o the school. CVs without an application will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Midday, Monday 26th February 2024
Shortlisting and interview dates will be provided on application