Diocese of Lancaster
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
Poulton Street, Ashton on Ribble,
Preston, PR2 2SA
Tel: 01772 726937
'Working and Worshipping together'
Required for 1st January 2023
Group 2 ISR L4-L9 NOR 204
The governors of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and dedicated practising Catholic to the position of Deputy Headteacher. We are looking for someone to share our vision in continuing to build upon the achievements of this happy and successful Catholic school.
In addition to being a creative and outstanding classroom practitioner, the ideal candidate will have the vision and skills to work effectively in partnership with the Headteacher in continuing to raise standards. We require a leader who will support and promote our Catholic ethos in both school and our wider community, whilst developing inspirational and rich learning experiences across the curriculum.
This role has a significant teaching commitment and suitable arrangements will be made for leadership time; support for continuing professional development will be provided.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic with a clear understanding of Catholic education and the vision and ability to lead and develop the Catholic Life of the School.
- Recognises and believes in the unique individuality of each child.
- Has a proven track record of raising children’s attainment.
- Is an innovative primary practitioner committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning.
- Has the experience to be able work as part of the senior leadership team on curriculum development, supporting colleagues to develop subject leadership skills
- To lead on a core subject area.
- Can recognise the potential and nurture the talent of all our children and staff.
- Can demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is a real team player.
- Has the resilience to ensure the continued success of the school and has a proven successful track record of driving school improvement.
- Will assist the Headteacher in leading and managing the school
- Is committed to collaborative working across our parishes, the whole school community and across our local groups of schools, to enhance existing partnerships and develop new links.
- Is willing to take the lead in Safeguarding throughout the school and undertake DSL training.
- Is friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour.
We can offer you:
- A popular and inclusive Catholic school.
- A happy, welcoming school with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos.
- Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and are proud of their school
- A committed and supportive Governing Body with strong links to our Parish and local community
- A school with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff who have high expectations of all our pupils
- Excellent opportunities for your continued professional development, as a Catholic leader
For further information, please go to the school’s website, or contact school. Applications must be made on a current CES Leadership application form.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by arrangement, please contact Mrs Aspden in the School Office to book a visit. Telephone: 01772 726937/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13th September 2022 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting: 19th September 2022
Interviews: 19th October 2022 (school visit) and 20th October 2022 (formal)
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign.